Our design trend predictions for 2020
These are our design predictions for this year – we’ll continue to see a lot of emphasis on raw materials and a pared-back, luxe feel.
- We’ll continue to see a lot of exposed materials – off-form concrete, exposed recycled brick and timber are all timeless and they look amazing: expect to see a lot of these feature in our designs.
- We’re going to see more curves incorporated into designs, incorporating a touch of Art Deco.
- Creative use of tiles – we expect to see some great, contrasting tile selections. We’re loving a contrast between a larger, concrete look tile against mosaic, fishscale and kit-kat tiles as features.
- Bold tapware choices – there are so many beautiful tapware finishes available currently. Think of the tapware as the jewelry of the bathroom to offset your tile choices. We’re loving the Champagne, the Tiger Bronze and the Brushed Nickel finishes from Meir Australia.
- Statement doors – the façade is one of the most important parts to get right when building a new home. We’re loving big, chunky solid timber doors from Coopers Store. We’re particularly into the Harlow door in Blackbutt.