Our tips for designing to make the most of your block
Design a duplex that feels spacious and makes the most of your block.
Our key tips:
- Keep everything square set to create the illusion of more space
- Use white (or very light) paint in the interior as it maintains the illusion of light and space
- Maximise the amount of natural light – by choosing to incorporate skylights/voids, you’re increasing the amount of open space in the home.
- To create the illusion of more space, choose ultra-high ceilings where possible.
- Choose a design that incorporates a courtyard to allow in extra light and enhances the indoor-outdoor connection.
- Designing an open plan style living, kitchen and entertaining area will allow for a great sense of flow.